Re: Yanmar Diesel Won't Stay Running

Mark Garver

And the winner goes to vacuum in the line. Bled the lines and averting is purring like a 80 HP Diesel.

Thanks all!!! I’m still going to check the vent lines we have a lot of wasps around. some of the ARC1500 boats are up here! All Beneteau’s so far!

Thanks again all!

Mark
S/V It’s Good
SM #105

On Oct 24, 2019, at 8:30 PM, Chad & Leslie Shoaf <crshoaf21@...> wrote:

Had this happen with a clogged vet line. Wasps and other things build nest in them. Creates a vacuum in the fuel tank.

Chad

On Thu, Oct 24, 2019, 8:37 AM Mark Garver via Groups.Io <mgarver=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
It's been several months since my wife and I left our boat up in the Chesapeake and upon arrival today to have it hauled for a long over due cleaning. The Yanmar diesel fired right up, but then after a couple of minutes dies. Wait a couple of minutes and it fires right up again, runs for a couple of minutes and shuts off. It runs smoothly and fires up instantly so it doesn't sound like she's starving for fuel or air. The engine only has 30 hours and has be very reliable.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mark
S/V It's Good