24v alternator

ngtnewington Newington

Thanks Alan, James and Bill for your comments.
I can not see that there is any difference between Alan’s set up and mine. So it must be fine tuned.

I have seen other 54’s with the 24v alternator driven by the same belt as the water pump and 12v alternator. That set up works well on all account but it is only 110A v 175A. I am not going to go that way.
I think I will persist with the twin belt set up for a bit longer and do;
1. New bearings on idlers and new face
2. Polish and check faces of pulleys
3. Gates fleet runner matched belts
4. Fine tune the alignment.

Then if I am still not 100% happy I will change the pulleys to micro v serpentine.

Nick
Anchored off Nisos Elefonisos

AML54-019