Re: tb/BRISBANE area marina & yard/AYOG

Colin - ex SV Island Pearl

Hi Scott

Good to hear from you. I hope all is well and that you guys will have another safe sail down to the Caribbean soon.

The Pacific and the Indian Oceans were certainly the highlights of our circumnavigation, with the Pacific being the most beautiful with nice variety, and the certainly totally safe which was a pleasant change for us after some of our experiences. You and Mia will absolutely love it!

Unfortunately, although I have sailed there a few years ago in 2016, I am no expert in terms of New Zealand so I should not try to advise you, however both Danny and Alan on this forum would have excellent advice I am sure are their boats have been there for many years.

Please look us up when you come to Australia. It was a pleasure to meet you both at the Amel Rally this year and I would gladly help if there is anything you need advice on here in Australia.

Best regards
Colin
SV Island Pearl II SM#332
Bundaberg Port Marina
(Now for sale in Australia, with all Australian Import Duty and taxes paid, so the new owner would be allowed to keep it here during the Pacific Cyclone seasons.  Australia is the perfect base from which to easily explore the very best cruising grounds in the world, ie the South Pacific, with a safe easy crossing back and forth to New Caledonia and Fiji each year with the Downunder Rally as you build your sailing confidence before sailing Asia and the Indian Ocean.  Contact me if interested on svislandpearl@... )

On Sun, Oct 27, 2019 at 12:25 AM Scott SV Tengah <Scott.nguyen@...> wrote:
Congrats Colin! You guys did make it a good ways since we met at the Amel rally in Martinique! We're just in DC. :)

That said, we'll be heading your way and likely arrive in your part of the world by November 2020. Most likely spend typhoon season in NZ and then back to the South Pacific for a second season in 2021 as we have heard nothing but positive things about it.

Any idea about reasonably priced dry dock in NZ? We will likely get off the boat for a bit and buy a car to travel around.

Mie and I have both spent time in Australia, so we're hoping to explore NZ this time, but you never know, we may make it over to your island, too!
--
Scott
2007 A54 #69

--