FW: [AmelYachtOwners] Yanmar Diesel Won't Stay Running

eric freedman

Coming across the Atlantic we had the same problem. I decided it was a problem with something blocking the tank. I took off the

Hose leading to the tank and put it into the bell of the ships horn. When I heard bubbling I stopped.

When I got to the USA, I drained the tank. Behind the fuel valve Amel mounted a screen. On Kimberlite you need a very thin wrench to remove the valve, it used to be called a tappet wrench.

My tank inspection ports were sealed with blue silicone.

Pieces of the blue silicone were blocking fuel flow,  I flushed the tank and ran it through a filter to get out the blue stuff. Permatex recommends Moto Seal for replacing the tank gaskets. It is used on motorcycle gear boxes and is meant to be easily disassembled to change the gears om Motos for different tracks.

This is very unique and if all else fails possibly this is the problem, however I think it is something much simpler.

Fair Winds

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376