Re: Volvo D3 - 110 Exhaust Elbow needed

Teun BAAS

Hi Bill,

Great - I am not in a hurry as engine was installed 17 months ago and I assume (hope) the original is still good: was going to get as spare. Same for Onan: we replaced with a new one at same time as new VOLVO installed.

Thanks for setting this up.

On the same note I had a new AMEL supplied 3 way raw water manifold which in my case attached to the plastic elbow coming from the raw water chest. As you know the original one on board when I got the boat broke off when we tried to replace the hoses; ordered new from AMEL and installed Q2 2018 and was still corroding. In VANUATU I decided not to take the risk as originally I was going via THE BANKS into SOLOMONS and I had it replaced by an all plastic (I call it plastic but it is similar material as the OEM water chest). So far so good but it is clearly an interim solution. It was suggested to me to see if the whole raw water chest including the 3 way manifold could be manufactured from non corrosive material. Looking at an AMEL 50 video (YouTube SAILING AQUARIUS) I saw that AMEL is now having raw water manifold where the generator; engine; water maker etc. each have there own individual valve. Great idea.

Brgds Teun

On Oct 28, 2019, at 07:03, CW Bill Rouse via Groups.Io <brouse@...> wrote:

Teun,

Yes and maybe.

It is probably going to be 4-6 weeks before HDI begins production of the D3 elbow.

I asked them to consider the Onan. The 7.5 and 11kw Onans have the same elbow.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Yacht Owners School - www.AmelYachtOwnersSchool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Sun, Oct 27, 2019, 1:51 PM Teun BAAS <teun@...> wrote:

Hi Bill,

Are these SS elbows the same for all VOLVO D3 110 – like I now have the “H” version of the D3?

Do they also make one for the ONAN generator model I have on board?

Best Regards Teun

SV AMELIT  A54  #128

NOUMEA  NEW CALEDONIA

October 28, 2019 05:51:21

https://forecast.predictwind.com/tracking/display/AMELIT

From: CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...>

Date: 10/26/19 2:12 PM (GMT-04:00)

Yes

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Yacht Owners School - www.AmelYachtOwnersSchool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Sat, Oct 26, 2019, 12:29 PM JEFFREY KRAUS <jmkraus@...> wrote:

Bill, are you looking for the exhaust elbow coming off the turbo?

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7.