Re: Amel Santorin Specs and Alterations

Mark & Debbie Mueller

My advice would be to become very VERY familiar with both models.  You will then be able to evaluate different vessels and understand what prior owners have or have not done.  One common thread that seems to run through the Amel product line is that Henri did things for a specific reason on a particular model - and that it seems to have worked out well over the years.  I was always told not to change anything on the vessel until you have sailed it for one year; I think it was good advice.

You are entering the mariners world so think seriously about how long major modifications or tasks will take to complete.  Good luck.
--
Mark & Debbie Mueller
Brass Ring  A54