Re: D3-110 oil blow-by

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi Scott. I had that with my new VOLVO D2-75. It was leaking seals in the turbo. After months of argument with a dealer, by referring to the importer I had the turbo replaced under warranty. Problem solved

Regards

Danny

SM 299

Ocean Pearl

On 29 October 2019 at 03:03 Arno Luijten <arno.luijten@...> wrote:

Hi Scott,

A clogged crankcase breather is a very real cause and relatively easy to check. Having oil leaking out the air filter is a sure sign you will need to do something.
One question, did you check the turbo for oil leaking. Given the quality of the base D3 block, I have a hard time to believe the piston rings will be the problem unless the engine has had a very bad first life.
Leaking oil seals in turbo compressors are not uncommon.

Cheers,
Arno
SV Luna,
A54-121