Re: Track on main boom SM

karkauai

Thanks Danny, I’ve tried PB Blaster and impact wrench. So far have only gotten one out and broke one head off.  If I ever get them out I’ll make a point of keeping them treated with Never Seez and do a better job of sealing them  regularly.

Kent
S/V Kristy
SM 243

On Oct 28, 2019, at 9:42 PM, Danny and Yvonne SIMMS <simms@...> wrote:

Hi Kent  I went along with my crc marine twice in the preceding two days. The countersink made a helpfull puddle. Then some just unscrewed, a few needed a tap or two with my impact driver to get them going. But all were easy.

Regards

Danny

On 29 October 2019 at 14:26 "karkauai via Groups.Io" <karkauai@...> wrote:

Unfortunately mine are all frozen.

Kent Robertson
S/V Kristy
karkauai@...
USA cell: 828-234-6819

On Oct 28, 2019, at 3:28 PM, Danny and Yvonne SIMMS <simms@...> wrote:

Hi Kent, i have just had it confirmed they are aluminium. And they unscrew very easily given how long they have been in there

Kind Regards

Danny

SM 299

Ocean Pearl

On 29 October 2019 at 02:09 "karkauai via Groups.Io" <karkauai@...> wrote:

Hi Danny, timely question.  I thought they were aluminum.

Kent Robertson
S/V Kristy
karkauai@...
USA cell: 828-234-6819

On Oct 28, 2019, at 4:59 AM, Danny and Yvonne SIMMS <simms@...> wrote:

Hi all,

Has anyone replaced the bolts holding the track onto the top of the main boom on the SM 2000. I would particularly like to know what the material of the bolts is so I can get the same to replace them with. Mine are an alloy of some sort. Most definitely not stainless of any kind. They are M 8x50mm countersunk head and thread into the boom, no nuts.

Regards

Danny

SM 299

Ocean Pearl