Re: Amel Santorin Specs and Alterations

Germain Jean-Pierre

Hi Dave,

We faced the same dilemma when we were looking; you are not alone.

But given your list of “must have” the SM will get them all at one price.  With a Santorin, you will spend the entire cost difference getting to your sweet spot perhaps more.  A well kept SM should have most of your list already aboard.

Welcome aboard!!!

Jean-Pierre Germain, Eleuthera SM 007 enroute Fiji to NZ

On 29 Oct 2019, at 22:25, Orion Martin <poonz1@...> wrote:

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your reply. Yes the difference in price between a suitable Santorin and an SM is significant. Having looked at all the major yacht websites frequently for comparison and gauging condition of yachts relative to asking price, there is on average a significant price difference of $75-100k. Understandable given the specs that the SM has. The variables that were mentioned, such as cost of ownership and challenging logistics and tradework based on geography do give rise to reservations about doing a full fit out for a Santorin. It’s not an easy decision, and if I’m honest the replies have made me think twice. A lot to think about...

Fair winds to you and kindest regards
Orion

Jean-Pierre Germain