Re: A54 genoa furler tube grease

Sv Garulfo

Hi Danny,

Thanks, I’ll keep my hear out for bad noises from there.

Best,

Thomas
GARULFO
A54-122
Fakarava, French Polynesia

On 15 Oct 2019, at 09:55, Danny and Yvonne SIMMS <simms@...> wrote:

Hi Thomas, if amel used thecsame system as the sm the wire on the forestay is slathered with grease before it is inserted into the foil. This is to lubricate the wire/foil conection as the sail is rolled and unrolled. They used a high viscosity grease but in warmer areas it becomes a bit fluid and leaks out the bottom. Bit messy but not a big issue. Eventually it will need replenishing indicated by a scraping noise when you are furling. If you ever have the forestay off for any reason take the oportunity to grease the stay then.

Regards Danny

SM 299

Ocean Pearl

On 16 October 2019 at 08:20 Sv Garulfo <svgarulfo@...> wrote:

Hi all,

Recently our genoa furler tube started to leak a bit of grease at the connection with the furler motor.

Does anyone know how it should be topped up and with what type of grease? Any more permanent fix?

Note that the furler motor was upgraded to a Reckmann by the former owner and that the tube is a black, 2-rail one, which I believe is not the original (ie the 3-rail grey ones I’ve seen on other 54s). I wouldn’t think it matters too much to the problem though.

Many thanks!

Thomas
GARULFO
A54-122