Re: Prop antifouling

Matt Salatino

I tried PropSpeed 3 separate times. (They certainly are proud of that stuff!)
I had the same results as you. Very unsatisfactory. I tried everything, and finally found a decent solution.
image1.jpeg
I use the spray. About $35 US for a can.
I use the whole can on my underwater metal, usually 3 or 4 coats on the prop. I burnish the fully dried paint with a heavy duty scotch brite pad, to expose the zinc (not on the edges, but the flats of the blades).
In an entire season, not a single barnacle or growth of any kind on the prop. And the paint stayed adhered to my stainless prop. I don’t burnish the other underwater metals, and do have some growth on them, so the burnishing is important. I spray the prop once a year.

On Oct 31, 2019, at 7:14 PM, Thomas Kleman <lorient422@...> wrote:

Looking for advice- I'm doing a bottom job in 6 weeks. Last year I used Propspeed on my Autoprop and 6 months later there was no evidence of it.....the barnacles however were flourishing. While I enjoy diving I like it better without a scraper in my hand.  Given the cost of Propspeed, 6 months is unacceptable. Would love to know if there's something better out there.

Tom and Kirstin
SV L'ORIENT
SM 2K 422
Bocas del Toro Panama