Drain plug for C-drive and Spurs

Mark Pitt

Hi all,

I have some confusion about sealing the C-drive drain plug used with the Spurs linecutter.  I re-installed the plug with an O-ring and a Dowty washer (the metal washer with a rubber insert) but it is too loosely fitted when the V lines up and I do not think I can tighten it further to get the V correctly oriented.  I then found the photo below on my PC that shows an second o-ring and a sealing washer.  I also have a photo posted by someone else without these two.  Plus Nikimat does not show these. Which is correct? I have attached both photos below.

Mark Pitt
Sabbatical III, SM419, Rhode Island, USA