Re: Drain plug for C-drive and Spurs

Mark,

I have seen that 2nd O ring photo before. I do not remember where I saw it, but I think it is wrong. I took a photo of the V Plug/Bolt from Amel right after I unwrapped it. Here it is:
image.png
There were a total of 3 pieces. V Plug/Bolt, O ring, and metal washer.

I believe that Amel once told me that sometimes you have to use 2 metal washers, especially if reusing a metal washer which has been compressed.

--
CW Bill Rouse Amel Yacht Owners School

On Fri, Nov 1, 2019 at 1:28 PM Mark Pitt <mark_pitt@...> wrote:
Hi all,

I have some confusion about sealing the C-drive drain plug used with the Spurs linecutter.  I re-installed the plug with an O-ring and a Dowty washer (the metal washer with a rubber insert) but it is too loosely fitted when the V lines up and I do not think I can tighten it further to get the V correctly oriented.  I then found the photo below on my PC that shows an second o-ring and a sealing washer.  I also have a photo posted by someone else without these two.  Plus Nikimat does not show these. Which is correct? I have attached both photos below.

Mark Pitt
Sabbatical III, SM419, Rhode Island, USA