Re: Prop antifouling

Matt Salatino

Proper application is also the key to successful CopperCoat antifouling.
I tried PropSpeed, 3 times. Applied it myself. Followed the directions to the letter. Maybe the directions are wrong, as they don’t say you need to apply the top coat while the primer is still wet.

~~~⛵️~~~Matt

On Nov 2, 2019, at 12:41 PM, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

I used PropSpeed with mixed results.

But, while in Turkey I met an American catamaran cruising couple, who loved it. He and his wife had used PropSpeed 6 or 7 times with success.
  • He said that PropSpeed was only as good as the installation.
  • He would not allow anyone else to install it...only he and his wife installed it as a team.
  • He said that preparation and following the instructions were very important.
  • He also said that the top coating HAD to be applied so fast after the base coat that it required two people.
  • He insisted that IT WAS NOT FAST ENOUGH even if you applied the base coat, then immediately applied the top coat. He said a normal prop required two people working as a team: One appling the final base coat with the other immediately behind the first applying the top coat.

--
CW Bill Rouse Amel Yacht Owners School

On Fri, Nov 1, 2019 at 10:26 PM Mark Erdos <mcerdos@...> wrote:

I second the Pettit spray below. This is bar far the best solution I have found for the prop.

Unfortunately, I also fell victim to the claims of Propspeed and completely wasted a couple of hundred dollars in Grenada. It barely lasted 3 months.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Vista Mar, Panama

www.creampuff.us