Re: Prop antifouling

Mohammad Shirloo

We’ve also used prop speed for the past 5 years in the Med and have always had good results.

I do also believe the level of success is highly dependent on the application. I had done a fair amount of research and had discussed process with the applicators. I would only allow applicators that were very familiar with the method of application, to do the work.

Respectfully;

Mohammad Shirloo
323-633-2222 Cell
310-454-3148 Fax

On Nov 2, 2019, at 9:41 AM, CW Bill Rouse via Groups.Io <brouse@...> wrote:

I used PropSpeed with mixed results.

But, while in Turkey I met an American catamaran cruising couple, who loved it. He and his wife had used PropSpeed 6 or 7 times with success.
  • He said that PropSpeed was only as good as the installation.
  • He would not allow anyone else to install it...only he and his wife installed it as a team.
  • He said that preparation and following the instructions were very important.
  • He also said that the top coating HAD to be applied so fast after the base coat that it required two people.
  • He insisted that IT WAS NOT FAST ENOUGH even if you applied the base coat, then immediately applied the top coat. He said a normal prop required two people working as a team: One appling the final base coat with the other immediately behind the first applying the top coat.

--
CW Bill Rouse Amel Yacht Owners School

On Fri, Nov 1, 2019 at 10:26 PM Mark Erdos <mcerdos@...> wrote:

I second the Pettit spray below. This is bar far the best solution I have found for the prop.

Unfortunately, I also fell victim to the claims of Propspeed and completely wasted a couple of hundred dollars in Grenada. It barely lasted 3 months.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Vista Mar, Panama

www.creampuff.us