Re: Prop antifouling

Ross Hickey & Donna Hammond

Hi Danny,

Initially we had it done professionally, in various marinas around Auckland, over 15 years. We started putting it on our selves when propspeed put it on the market for general consumer. We found it to be the only product to stick to the stainless steel rudder and it always performed well on the prop. Honestly after 18 months you would swear it had only been done. We always ensured the prep was done properly.

Regards

Ross and Donna

On Sunday, November 3, 2019, 4:22 AM, Danny and Yvonne SIMMS <simms@...> wrote:

Hi Ross and Donna,

Given your boats name did you have it done in New Zealand? I have had it done professionally in Opua, Auckland and Tauranga. Same result in each case, after six months, hello barnacles.

Regards

Danny

SM 299

Ocean Pearl

On 03 November 2019 at 09:49 " Ross Hickey & Donna Hammond via Groups.Io" <southernadventurer@...> wrote:

We used propspeed on our previous yahct that had a stainless steel rudder and bronze prop. It was a total success and each time after hauling out having done the prop 18 months previous, it was like the propspeed had only been applied the previous day.

Ross and Donna
SM2K #356
INTREPID KIWI

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Saturday, November 2, 2019, 7:21 PM, Thomas Kleman <lorient422@...> wrote:

The Propspeed instructions actually say 3-5 minutes between coats. And sounds like nobody on this forum has used Propspeed successfully (themselves). Think I'm going to give the Pettit treatment a try this time.

Tom and Kirstin
SV L'ORIENT
SM2K 422