Re: Leroy Somer Spare parts

karkauai

I have had one of the “lids” for a year, and just got 2 more.

Kent & Iris
Kristy
SM 243

On Nov 2, 2019, at 3:11 PM, Danny and Yvonne SIMMS <simms@...> wrote:

Hi Kent and Ian.

When we were in Shelter Bay marina Colon waiting to transit the Panama canal a staff member of the marina smashed one of the top plates trying to remove the central shaft. I only had two days before we transited and we found an egineeering shop in Colon who turned up a new one in aluminiun.

It  was perfect.

The breakage occured because he applied force instead of heat which is what I had asked him to do. Once the blow torch was subseqently applied the shaft came out easily.

Regards

Danny

SM 299

Ocean Pearl

On 03 November 2019 at 00:33 "karkauai via Groups.Io" <karkauai@...> wrote:

Hi Ian.  I first had new cabinet pulls made.  That worked out well, so when I had two good gear boxes with three broken covers (the plates on the top and bottom of the gear box), I had those printed, too.  So far they seem to be holding up well.
I agree that 3-D printing will become a very helpful tool with items that aren’t too complicated.  With multiple compound curves it requires a very sophisticated 3-D scanner that drives the cost up a lot, especially for small numbers.

I understand that 3-D printing can also be done with a variety of different metals, but haven’t had a need to try that yet.  Materials can add significantly to the cost as well.

Kent Robertson
S/V Kristy
SM 243

On Nov 1, 2019, at 8:48 AM, ianjenkins1946 <ianjudyjenkins@...> <ianjudyjenkins@...> wrote:

Hi Kent,

Which parts did you have made ?  3-D printing could play a huge role in replacing parts that are no longer in production.

Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302, Greece

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of karkauai via Groups.Io <karkauai@...>
Sent: 01 November 2019 00:33
To: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io <main@amelyachtowners.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Leroy Somer Spare parts

I had some made by 3D printing in nylon that seem to be holding up.  Contact Ronan at Pro 3D Printing Services +1 (410) 831-5891

They were $150 each with the cost of design work.

Kent Robertson
S/V Kristy
karkauai@...
USA cell: 828-234-6819

On Oct 30, 2019, at 4:16 PM, Elja Röllinghoff Balu SM 222 <Bijorka@...> wrote:

He paul ,
We ordert new gaerboxes in Italy and install one new .
It was not expencive
Only the leroy somer motor you ca order it only by amel
It was not possoble to order the motor  by leroy somer

When you intrested i will lock tomorow for some fotos and mre details

Best
Elja
SM Balu 222

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.