Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Efector Anchor Chain Counter Sensor

Keith Tice

My chain counter recently stopped counting.
Before it stopped it was counting when we weren't looking and not counting when the anchor was moving.
I found that the Efector IB5076 induction sensor is no longer produced, but that the IB5096 is available.
The only difference in the data sheet is that the signal NPN for IB5076 is PNP for IB5096. https://www.ifm.com/ch/en/product/IB5076
https://www.ifm.com/ch/en/product/IB5096
Should this be a plug compatible replacement?
I mean, one is on a lot and turns off and the other is off a lot and turns on. It is pulsing and the counter should just be counting pulses.
What is the opinion here?
Keith
Bikini SM 282