Re: Antal 120x18 Composite Fibre jib block

karkauai

Hi Duane,
Mine have gotten stiff in the past, after long passages.  They were just caked with salt.  I Hi-Def them off well, then put them in warm fresh water and rinsed again...I’ve not taken them apart because that has always made them run smoothly again.

Kent
S/V Kristy
SM243

On Nov 9, 2019, at 8:26 AM, Duane Siegfri via Groups.Io <carlylelk@...> wrote:

I'm wondering if the Antal 120x18 jib blocks on Wanderer need some TLC.  If you try to spin the sheave, there is too much friction to permit it to spin.  It can be turned with thumb and forefinger with enough resistance that one must grip tightly.

I looked on the Antal site but did not find a maintenance manual.

Can anyone comment on the maintenance for this block?

Thanks,
Duane
Wanderer, SM#477