The Black wire on the genset exhaust fan

eric freedman

Thanks Tom,

I kind of figured that out the red wire, I just don't know what the black wire connect to. Possibly someone with a hull number closer to mine knows how the black wire connects.

Fair Winds,
Eric
SM 376 Kimberlite

Hey Eric- just changed my blower so this is still fresh. The line ahead of the transfer box is energized by the genset running (on SM 422). The hot line goes fuse, capacitor, then fan. I'm not sure about your black wire.....if that's a 4th wire coming from your fan, we don't have one so can't help there.

As an aside, due to charger overheating, we installed Hella 24 volt fan in ceiling light block over genset, pointed at charger. Switch is by watermaker panel. It resolved my charger overheating issue where new blower had made no difference.

Tom and KirstinĀ
SM2K 422
L'ORIENT