Re: Help with 220 Volt Genset exhaust fan Super Maramu

Eric,

I found the following photo. I had cut the original capacitor from the wiring bundle, installed a wiring junction block, and new capacitor. The reason I did this is because the capacitor controls the speed of the blower and the capacitor was out-of-spec, slowing the motor. If you look closely at the BLUE circle, you will see that the original white capacitor wires (at least 1) was spliced to a black wire.
I hope this helps you.
image.png

--
CW Bill Rouse Amel Yacht Owners School

On Sun, Nov 10, 2019 at 12:07 PM CW Bill Rouse via Groups.Io <brouse=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Eric,

The fuse and the capacitor should be spliced in series to the load wire which should be brown. The blue wire is return (neutral). Green/yellow is earth.

I am not sure where the black wire goes, unless it is a jumper.

That fan (blower) is exactly the same fan (blower) on your Climma AC.

--
CW Bill Rouse Amel Yacht Owners School

On Sun, Nov 10, 2019 at 10:33 AM Thomas Kleman <lorient422@...> wrote:
Hey Eric- just changed my blower so this is still fresh. The line ahead of the transfer box is energized by the genset running (on SM 422). The hot line goes fuse, capacitor, then fan. I'm not sure about your black wire.....if that's a 4th wire coming from your fan, we don't have one so can't help there.

As an aside, due to charger overheating, we installed Hella 24 volt fan in ceiling light block over genset, pointed at charger. Switch is by watermaker panel. It resolved my charger overheating issue where new blower had made no difference.

Tom and Kirstin
SM2K 422
L'ORIENT