Re: Bow thruster Gear Oil

Mohammad Shirloo

Hi Bill;

I have to give credit to the yard guys at Manoel’s boat yard in Malta too as we came up with the idea together.

Off course it is OK to publish. Glad to make a small contribution to years of benefits we have reaped from yours and other Amel owners’ shared experiences..

Happy Sailing;

Mohammad & Aty
B&B Kokomo
Amel 54 #099

On Nov 10, 2019, at 11:16 AM, CW Bill Rouse via Groups.Io <brouse@...> wrote:

Mohammad,

I just revised my page in the Amel Book to include that PEARL of sage advice from you. Let me know if it is ok to publish.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Yacht Owners School - www.AmelYachtOwnersSchool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Sun, Nov 10, 2019, 12:24 PM Matt Salatino via Groups.Io <helmsmatt=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Ingenious!

On Nov 10, 2019, at 12:14 PM, Mohammad Shirloo <mshirloo@...> wrote:

Hi Nick;

We made a fill plug by drilling a hole in the center of an all thread the same size as the drain plug. We just attach a clear hose with the same ID as the OD of the all thread and attach it to a nipple drilled and installed on the lid of the gear oil bottle. We then attach the gear oil bottle inverted to the SS lifeline above the bow thruster. The oil simply gravity feeds from the bottom up. Leave the cap on the bow thruster oil fill reservoir open to let the air escape. It takes a few hours, depending on temperature, but you are sure that you have zero air and it is hassle free while you focus on other tasks. Just check the reservoir once in a while to be sure it does not overflow.

Happy Sailing;

Mohammad and Aty

B&B Kokomo

AMEL 54 #099