Re: Wave slap / banging under the stern

Stefan,

I know that this is hard to believe, but the number one cure is time. Over a period of months, this will become less of a distraction to you and you will become more accustomed to it. There are many things you can do and/or buy, but none really changes the waves or the shape of the hull.

The slapping issue is caused by the waves or swell, not the Amel 54, although the Amel 54 will be worse than the SM. The 54 has a wider flatter stern hull...more area to slap.

--
CW Bill Rouse Amel Yacht Owners School

On Mon, Nov 11, 2019 at 8:45 AM ngtnewington Newington via Groups.Io <ngtnewington=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
I  notice it in harbour, not at anchor so much, but if I run the fan all night it helps drown it out.

Nick

Amelia
AML 54-019
On 11 Nov 2019, at 14:32, Germain Jean-Pierre <jp.germain45@...> wrote:

Hi Gents,

WE have an SM, so we have the same problem perhaps worse.

We use large clothes pegs and attach a blanket overboard across the transom .. its a bit of a faffff but it reduces the wave slap.

After the condition, we wash the blanket .

Good luck.

Jean-Pierre Germain, SY Eleuthera, SM 007, Opua, NZ
jp.germain45@...

On 12 Nov 2019, at 03:27, Ian <parkianj@...> wrote:

Hmmm
If it’s really bad we move up front. Tried a couple of other things, but nothing that really works.

Ian

Ocean Hobo SN96