Re: Wave slap / banging under the stern

Peter Forbes

Hi Stephan,

We too were concerned about this but as Bill and Mark rightly say it just goes away as an irritant after a short time on board.

Peter
Peter Forbes
0044 7836 209730
Carango  Sailing Ketch
Amel 54 #035
In La Rochelle

On 11 Nov 2019, at 14:40, Mark Erdos <mcerdos@...> wrote:

Hi Stefan,

In the past, we have effectively used swimming noodles. Put a rope through about three of them and attach each end of the rope to the furthest aft cleats on the toe-rail (level with the portholes of the aft cabin). Pull the noodles into position under the stern.

No that we have been living on the boat for quite some time, the noise no longer bothers us. At first it was very annoying.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper
Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275
Currently cruising - Vista Mar, Panama