Re: Lens-shaped bolt nuts

Ryan Meador

These are used in a few places on our Super Maramu, most notably on the cockpit table.  Amel replaced one for us in Martinique and I'm pretty sure they just called it a "special nut".  Google translates that name as "lentil nut", which is a very apt description.  Thanks for the source!

Ryan and Kelly
SM 233 Iteration
Boston, MA, USA

On Tue, Nov 12, 2019 at 8:09 AM James Alton via Groups.Io <lokiyawl2=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Gerhard,

   These same nuts are used all over my Maramu, many thanks for posting a source.  I will add this to my file.

James
SV Sueno
Maramu #220

On Nov 12, 2019, at 6:46 AM, Gerhard Mueller via Groups.Io <carcode@...> wrote:

I don't know if Amel has used these lens-shaped bolt nuts for their other or later boats but I have them found at several places in my Sharki.
After searching for a long time I have found them at this seller and they sell them in small quantities also: See attachment.

--
Gerhard Mueller
Amel Sharki #60