Re: Down wind pole corrosion damage

John Clark

Hi Thomas,
   Good catch!    I noticed Annie's short poles collect water inside.   I have toyed with the idea of drilling a small drain hole to let it drain.     Letting them stand upright in the sun for a week or so drains them but I can't always do that.  (Admittedly sometimes just lazy and leave them out...)
         John
SV Annie SM 37
Brunswick GA

On Mon, Nov 11, 2019 at 11:54 AM Thomas Kleman <lorient422@...> wrote:
A small crack emerged from under the black cover on the inner down wind pole. I drilled out the cover's retaining rivets and saw the full damage. Visiting the local welder to discuss options. Glad I found this prior to February's Panama City to Marquesas passage.

Tom and Kirstin
SM2K 422
SV L'ORIENT