Re: 3-D printing of furler motor parts

karkauai

Hi Tom,
I had new mounting discs made from 3/4” delrin by a machinist.  They were about $125 US each plus material.  I had to buy a 1 ft square of 3/4” delrin.

Kent
SM 243
Kristy

On Nov 13, 2019, at 2:02 PM, Thomas Kleman <lorient422@...> wrote:

My old furler motor (original) called it quits. While It will be rebuilt, tested, and become a spare, my spare furling motor (bought from Amel years ago) is slightly different in that the old motor's upper jacket which holds the white vinyl motor cover is slightly too big. It doesnt fit snugly on the new motor, which came without one. I measured what I need and have given the task to Ronan (Kent's 3-D printing vendor). We will see how this goes. Price was quoted as about $25 so why not ?

I'm also interested in making the upper and lower gear box mounting discs (that hold it in the mast).

I will supply pics in the event of success or remain completely silent if this ends up being a fools errand.

Tom and Kirstin
SV L'ORIENT
SM 2K 422