Re: Important Update Re: No steering parts, rack & pinion, cables, from Amel

Mark,

I believe that the US distributor probably misstated what Ultraflex is doing, but since I am not speaking directly to Ultraflex, I cannot know for sure. Since Thierry BILLARD, manager of SAV at Amel is in discussions with Ultraflex, I feel it is improper for me to get directly involved. The answer to your question will come from an owner ordering the racks from Amel. I am sure we will know more soon.

--
CW Bill Rouse Amel Yacht Owners School

On Wed, Nov 13, 2019 at 1:13 PM Mark McGovern <mfmcgovern@...> wrote:
Bill,

Just to clarify, Ultraflex is committing to make one last batch of cables ONLY?  What about the rack and pinion gears?  From reading posts on steering failures on this forum it seems that the racks are prone to failure - even if their failure is preceded, and potentially caused by, cable failures.

--
Mark McGovern
SM #440 Cara