Re: Important Update Re: No steering parts, rack & pinion, cables, from Amel

karkauai

Thank you for doing this leg work Bill.

My steering functions, feels, and sounds fine.  Kristy is 19 years old and we are embarking on a planned Caribbean, S Pacific and Mediterranean cruise in a few weeks.
If you were in my shoes, would you order these spares now?  Would you carry them with you?

Kent & Iris
Kristy
SM 243

On Nov 13, 2019, at 2:13 PM, Mark McGovern <mfmcgovern@...> wrote:

Bill,

Just to clarify, Ultraflex is committing to make one last batch of cables ONLY?  What about the rack and pinion gears?  From reading posts on steering failures on this forum it seems that the racks are prone to failure - even if their failure is preceded, and potentially caused by, cable failures.

--
Mark McGovern
SM #440 Cara