Re: Important Update Re: No steering parts, rack & pinion, cables, from Amel

I am not sure, but I believe there is a good chance they are the same. check with SAV"at"Amel.fr

--
CW Bill Rouse Amel Yacht Owners School

On Wed, Nov 13, 2019 at 2:17 PM rob dillmann <rob.dillmann@...> wrote:
Dear Bill,

Are these cables the same as those used in an Amel Mango?

Best regards,
Rob Dillmann
Westwind Mango 43

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone

Op 13 nov. 2019 om 12:09 heeft CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> het volgende geschreven:

All SN, SM & 54 owners:

If you recall, one owner attempted to order steering rack and/or cable parts from Amel and was told the parts were no longer available. As soon as I read this, I got in touch with Amel, who told me Ultraflex, the Italian rack and cable manufacturer, abruptly and without notice stopped production of these parts. I asked Amel for some help and they said that they were working on a solution. I continued to follow-up with Uflex, the US distributor for Ultraflex, Italy. I asked Uflex USA to get involved with Ultraflex and push them for a solution. I promised all of you that I would post any results here.

The following is from Uflex USA. If you need/want replacement steering rack or cable parts, you should probably order them now from SAV"at"Amel.fr. It seems as though the steering rack normally lasts 20+ years. Cables usually last longer. Without replacement parts you will be forced to install a major steering change.
Email message to me from Uflex USA:
Ultraflex, Italy is in contact with Chantier Amel in France, apparently they will be able to supply them a last batch of cables.
Uflex USA, Inc.

6442 Parkland Drive

Sarasota, FL 34243

www.uflexusa.com