Re: Important Update Re: No steering parts, rack & pinion, cables, from Amel

hanspeter baettig

Again its Hp
The problem was coming up suddenly. 20 nm befor going between moonoisland Trinidad, the steering had a problem . I turned the wheel with force and used the bow trouster to sail between the rocks to the marina Peakes. Not so nice, but no wind. I send a picture of the broken steering system to Bill. Hi will decide to post it on our Amel Forum

------ Original Nachricht ------
Am Mittwoch, 13. Nov, 2019 um 20:13, Mark McGovern schrieb:

Bill,

Just to clarify, Ultraflex is committing to make one last batch of cables ONLY?  What about the rack and pinion gears?  From reading posts on steering failures on this forum it seems that the racks are prone to failure - even if their failure is preceded, and potentially caused by, cable failures.

--
Mark McGovern
SM #440 Cara