Heaving-to experiences/advice, and Jordan series drogue use

Aldo Roldan

Hi Amelians

I ignore if the subject matter has been discussed before, but I would love to hear from the many of you that have heaved to your Amels.  Some of the questions that come to mind ( am sure there is many more I have not thought of) are when do you do it, in what kind of sea state? what wind ranges?  What sales do you deploy, how much sail out. Do the mizzen play any role ?  At what point it becomes ineffective and you need to run with the storm?  When heaving to, do you still get some waves rolling into the cockpit?  Also I would really appreciate to hear from some of the Amel 55s our there that have experience on the subject.

On the Jordan series drogue use, I have some of Eric’s discussion on his epic experience, but I wonder whether  anybody else has use them.  I would appreciate hearing from those boats as well.

Many thanks, you all

Aldo
Araucaria
Amel 55