Re: Raymarine autopilot

Matt Salatino

The clutch went out on our first Raymarine linear drive unit, after 17 years and 3 Atlantic crossings. The second was trouble-free, up to the time I sold the boat, 12 years later. I did carry a spare.
~~⛵️~~~Matt

On Nov 16, 2019, at 1:38 PM, ngtnewington Newington via Groups.Io <ngtnewington@...> wrote:

I  delighted with my Raymarine Autopilot. It has been great but it is now 13 years old. Having done a lot of hand steering on my first boat, we only had a servo pendulum windvane, I know how tedious it can be. I would much rather be light on crew but have autopilot back up.
So how reliable do other owners find these Raymarine autopilots? Am I just lucky?

To that end I am thinking of buying a spare to have on board, including a new linear drive unit.

The new Raymarine would be the obvious choice;
Exactly same linear drive unit
New fancy heading sensor EV1
ACU400 drive
P70 control