Re: Auto pilot gear bolt

Mike Ondra

Here’s what it looks like on SM#240. Washer and Allen headed bolt. Mike
image1.jpeg

On Nov 16, 2019, at 12:36 PM, John Clark <john.biohead@...> wrote:

Hi Bob,
   The retaining bolt is on the side of the gear.  It's an Allen head or hex head.

John

Annie SM 37
Brunswick. GA

On Sat, Nov 16, 2019, 9:13 AM Bob Ross via Groups.Io <tuwhiti=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Good day,

On a 2002 SM2K in the autopilot area above the galley sink I think this smaller gear should have a  key retaining bolt or similar in the middle of the shaft.
Having never seen it I am not sure what it looks like nor its dimensions.
Can anyone share a picture of it or any size data?

User question: is this a correct way to share a photo or is there another  preferred way?
Thanks
Bob
SV Nomad #362, Trinidad

<auto pilot gear.jpg>