Re: Raymarine autopilot

ngtnewington Newington

Maybe I should just stick with what I got and not worry about it?

If it ain’t broke .....
Nick

S/Y Amelia
AML 54-019

On 16 Nov 2019, at 18:38, ngtnewington Newington via Groups.Io <ngtnewington=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

I delighted with my Raymarine Autopilot. It has been great but it is now 13 years old. Having done a lot of hand steering on my first boat, we only had a servo pendulum windvane, I know how tedious it can be. I would much rather be light on crew but have autopilot back up.
So how reliable do other owners find these Raymarine autopilots? Am I just lucky?

To that end I am thinking of buying a spare to have on board, including a new linear drive unit.

The new Raymarine would be the obvious choice;
Exactly same linear drive unit
New fancy heading sensor EV1
ACU400 drive
P70 control