Re: Important Update Re: No steering parts, rack & pinion, cables, from Amel

karkauai

Nicely said, Antonio.  Thank you.

Et merci beaucoups Maud et al à SAV@Amel. fr

Kent Robertson
S/V Kristy
karkauai@...
USA cell: 828-234-6819

On Nov 16, 2019, at 9:52 AM, Antonio, Vagabundo SN108 <vagabundo@...> wrote:

Hi guys , Hi owners, Hi Thierry and Maud,

I particularly want to write these lines to give the right meaning back to the discussion.
I will apologize if I am not short, but I humbly believe that I can interpret the thoughts of many owners and friends.
The ferment that has developed around the theme of ultraflex cables in my opinion is extremely positive and necessary.
When I bought Vagabundo I was not aware of the existence of this forum, but thanks amel yacht owners forum and thanks Olivier, over the years I managed my boat to back to the right level of maintenance, so that it could finally be a blue Water Cruise again.
Many owners entrust their dreams and lives to the boats built and designed by Henri AMEL and thanks to the construction quality of the AMEL shipyard, we all sail safely with our boats.
But there is a particularly important aspect that must never be underestimated and it is the age and the obsolescence of a lot of equipments installed on our boats.
There is no anxiety, no fear in this.
If there were anxiety and fear, none of us would take the sea and only a crowds would leave the land entrusting their lives to a boat that he considers unsafe.
But if there is one thing I learned during my life spent at sea is that the attention to small details often makes the difference between a happy ending and a misfortune.
Precisely this attention (that is often found in the posts and discussions of this forum that I call the big family AMEL) has given the AMEL boats in the world and on the used market a great reputation.
I am therefore sure that the food for thought that will arise in this group will be an inexhaustible source of information and advice for amel itself so that over the years more safe and reliable boats can be produced like  in the past.
At the same time it is inevitable to recognize the fact that many boats that sail have reached an age by now and that a lot of equipment needs a thorough maintenance if not a complete replacement.
It is clear that the goodness of the materials used has permitted that many years have passed since they were assembled on our boats.  During these years many equipment manufacturers have failed, they have closed, they have changed their business, they have passed on to a better life.
In the future, it will certainly be necessary to find adjustments and solutions to more or less serious problems that will arise.  I personally believe that it is extremely erroneous and dangerous to underestimate the needs of each owner and of each boat that are expressed in this forum.
Therefore, concluding my speech, I am sure that this time too AMEL will demonstrate sensitivity and attention to a problem that has been necessary to resolve.  At the same time I am sure that it is ultra Flex, a company that I know, it will be able to provide all of us and all the owners who want to take action with a safe solution to the problem that we discussed in this forum.
Br and Fair wind
Antonio Martina e Azzurra
On board in Tuscany
Vagabundo Santorin number 108

Inviato da iPhone

Il giorno 15 nov 2019, alle ore 18:35, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> ha scritto:

To review what I previously wrote: I received an email from Uflex USA, the Ultraflex distributor in the US. Email message to me from Uflex USAUltraflex, Italy is in contact with Chantier Amel in France, apparently they will be able to supply them a last batch of cables. When one SM owner noticed that the email from Uflex stated only "cables" and not racks, 3 days ago I wrote: "I believe that the US distributor probably misstated what Ultraflex is doing, but since I am not speaking directly to Ultraflex, Italy, I cannot know for sure. Since apparently Thierry BILLARD, manager of SAV at Amel, is in discussions with Ultraflex, I feel it is improper for me to get directly involved. The answer to your question will come from an owner ordering the racks from Amel. I am sure we will know more soon."

Yesterday Thierry Billard SAV Manager emailed me and said: "We suddenly face with numerous emails and phone calls asking for info or order on pinion and rack of the steering system. We suspect you to have posted an anxiolitic message on the social network about a risk of shortage.  Does it  right ? For your review we are about to receive mid of Décember the first units  of the internal toothed bar that must solve almost all this wear issues .The only obligation will be to dismount the pinion rack case to replace this worn toothed bar. Although your help is greatly appreciatly among the Amel community we request you from now to submit us for pre approval any new further message of this sort or to consult us if more info is needed."

Of course it is not my intention to cause "panic" as Maud wrote. My only intention is to help any of you find the information that you need. But, in my attempt to help several of you, I have irritated two good people at Amel. Possibly they think that I am causing "panic" because they are on the receiving side of the solution to this steering parts issue. I will assure you that all I did is what I challenge myself every day to do...that is is help each of you enjoy your Amel while you own her. I have the utmost respect for Thierry and Maud who always do an amazing job helping owners of Amels.

I CC'd Thierry Billard of this email. He will be able to read this so that there is no misunderstanding.
--
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School