Re: Raymarine autopilot

hanspeter baettig

Hi JP
we have similar boats number, therefore can yo maybe send me pics about the installation of the AP under the aft cabin bed. Thank you. my email: hanspeterdot beattig at bluemail dot ch

regards Hanspeter
Tamango 2
SM16
Antigua

Von meinem iPad gesendet

Am 16.11.2019 um 15:45 schrieb Germain Jean-Pierre <jp.germain45@...>:

Hi,

I installed an ACP 400 with hydraulic ram directly on the bell crank of the rudder.

Far smoother than the electric one which is still on tthe he helm.

In the event of a major steering failure, I can steer the boat through. The AP controls after disconnecting the offending rack and pinion... without resorting to hand steering for days on end.

System is like Paul on Kerpa.

Jean-Pierre Germain, SY Eleuthera, SM007, NZ

On 17 Nov 2019, at 08:00, Paul Osterberg <osterberg.paul.l@...> wrote:

We installed the kit you referring to about 18 month ago, I still have my old Autohelm installed, Installed a switch for swapping between them. I am not totally sold on the new Raymarine had expect it to perform better. Very good up wind, but as soon as you get the wind aft of the beam it start to swing from side to side, after some tweaking and upgrade of software it is now better but fare from excellent.
Paul on SY Kerpa SM#259