Re: AMEL 54 watertank compartments - access to clean

Rudolf Waldispuehl

Dear Amel Group, hi Stefan

After having a wonderful season we are now cleaning and make WASABI ready for the winter.

I have followed the tread about cleaning the water tank compartments last summer and I’m curious if you where successful opening all the 4 compartment access.

Olivier is right there are 4 access points on the AMEL-54. From aft to bow: 1. Under the Galley door opening Fridge 2. Under the Galley floor 3. Under the Galley top load Freezer 4. Under the Salon Seat (2nd Freezer).

The 2 in the aft (Fridge and Galley floor) are easy to access, but the other 2 are nearly impossible unless dismantle the Galley-Freezer/Saloon seating completely.

Therefore I’m searching for the best way of cleaning without using Chlorine. I tried to get Aquasafe from Microlene which Alan Leslie recommended but I can’t get it in Europe.  https://www.microlene.com.au/products/acquasafe-liquid-disinfectant

Any more experience with cleaning and disinfection? Maybe there are more options?

Thanks and best regards

Ruedi

SY WASABI

AMEL-54 #55 / Marina di Ragusa

Von: "main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io" <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of Stefan Schaufert <mail@...>
Datum: Montag, 8. Juli 2019 um 08:29
An: "main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io" <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io>
Betreff: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] AMEL 54 watertank compartments - access to clean

No news so far.
But Olivier told me, there are 4 (not 3) compartments, means 4 accesses.
Good to know and not motivating :-).

Best regards
Stefan
A54 / 119 / LADY CHARLYETTE / La Rochelle