Re: AMEL 54 watertank compartments - access to clean

Annsofie & Jonas Svanberg

Hi Ruedi
There is no need to clean the water tank if you keep it filled if you leave the boat for the winter.
The water will not go bad for such a short time, and keeping it filled makes it more or less impossible for algaes to grove.

We bought our SM 2006 and have only kleened the tank once, and that was when just had bought the boat since the previous owner had left the boat with half empty tanks.

Regards
Ann-Sofie
S/Y Lady Annila, SM232, 1998

Skickat från min iPhone

19 nov. 2019 kl. 15:38 skrev Rudolf Waldispuehl <Rudolf@...>:

Dear Amel Group, hi Stefan

After having a wonderful season we are now cleaning and make WASABI ready for the winter.

I have followed the tread about cleaning the water tank compartments last summer and I’m curious if you where successful opening all the 4 compartment access.

Olivier is right there are 4 access points on the AMEL-54. From aft to bow: 1. Under the Galley door opening Fridge 2. Under the Galley floor 3. Under the Galley top load Freezer 4. Under the Salon Seat (2nd Freezer).

The 2 in the aft (Fridge and Galley floor) are easy to access, but the other 2 are nearly impossible unless dismantle the Galley-Freezer/Saloon seating completely.

Therefore I’m searching for the best way of cleaning without using Chlorine. I tried to get Aquasafe from Microlene which Alan Leslie recommended but I can’t get it in Europe.  https://www.microlene.com.au/products/acquasafe-liquid-disinfectant

Any more experience with cleaning and disinfection? Maybe there are more options?

Thanks and best regards

Ruedi

SY WASABI

AMEL-54 #55 / Marina di Ragusa

Von: "main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io" <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of Stefan Schaufert <mail@...>
Datum: Montag, 8. Juli 2019 um 08:29
An: "main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io" <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io>
Betreff: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] AMEL 54 watertank compartments - access to clean

No news so far.
But Olivier told me, there are 4 (not 3) compartments, means 4 accesses.
Good to know and not motivating :-).

Best regards
Stefan
A54 / 119 / LADY CHARLYETTE / La Rochelle