Re: Heaving-to experiences/advice, and Jordan series drogue use

karkauai

Alexander, search this forum for Jordan Drogue and you will find detailed post from Eric on Kimberlite about using one in hurricane conditions.

Kent
S/V Kristy
SM 243

On Nov 22, 2019, at 6:39 AM, Alexander Hofmann <DACJ@...> wrote:

Thanks Alan, Miles,
I am happy to learn from your experiences in heaing-to with the staysail and the mizzen. I did not use the mizzen yet for that, and it is just very logic that you can balance the Amel ketches with both sails in a heaving-to situation.
Many long distance sailors, also singled-handed ones, report excellent experiences in really rough seas, even far upon 50 kts, with the Jordan sea drogue. Some spak About life saving. I plan to install one. Does anybody have experiences with the Jordan Sea Drogue on an Amel ketch? How does it perform? How do you retrieve it?
Thanks, happy to hear from you.
Alexander
SY Oceanica I, Amel54 #156