Re: Supermaramu wire sizes?

Dan Carlson

Hi Bill, yes I'm well aware of the different cable sizing standards.  But was looking for the reference data for the actual cables in the SM.

The existing cables are well shielded and have shrink wrap covering right up to the terminal lug so the actual wire is not accessible for direct measurements.

I am just trying to understand the sizes with respect to the various loads.  Several of boats have talked  of replacing the original Dolphin 100A with a 3000watt Victron Multi or Quatro and I wanted to understand the impact in terms of current load and voltage drop potential.

Regards, Daniel Carlson

On Fri, Nov 22, 2019, 7:04 PM CW Bill Rouse <brouse@... wrote:
Dan,

I am sure that you know this: In Europe the wire is sized in square mm.

You might want to measure the diameter of the existing wire, calculate the area of the cross-section in square mm, then if you need AWG, use an online conversation chart to get to AWG. Here is one:

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Fri, Nov 22, 2019, 5:32 PM Dan Carlson <carlsdan61@...> wrote:
Hello SM owners,

Does anyone know the original
wire sizes for the following:
1) 100 amp charger to battery switch
2) 30 amp charger to battery switch
3) Battery switch to bow thruster

The wiring does not appear to be labeled. And I'm not a good judge by eye.

I'm in Panama right now trying to search the forum from my phone with my cell connection isn't working for me.

Thanks and regards, Daniel Carlson on SM #387, sv BeBe