Re: Antal 120x18 Composite Fibre jib block

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi Duane, sorry for the late reply, I have been at sea voyaging. Try washing the salt out with a fresh water hose and then when its  dry, spray it with silicone. A salt build up will stop or create friction in:blocks, cars, swivels and travelers.

Regards

Danny

SM 299

Ocean Pearl

On 10 November 2019 at 02:26 "Duane Siegfri via Groups.Io" <carlylelk@...> wrote:

I'm wondering if the Antal 120x18 jib blocks on Wanderer need some TLC.  If you try to spin the sheave, there is too much friction to permit it to spin.  It can be turned with thumb and forefinger with enough resistance that one must grip tightly.

I looked on the Antal site but did not find a maintenance manual.

Can anyone comment on the maintenance for this block?

Thanks,
Duane
Wanderer, SM#477