Re: Prop Shaft Squeak

James Alton

James,

    I thought of one more thing that possibly could be causing the noise.  I installed a cutlass bearing once that was a bit on the tight side,  apparently a manufacturing issue.  The Cutlass bearing made what I would call a “chirping” noise for while as it wore in.  Might be worth spinning the prop before you launch and listen for noise from the new cutlass bearing.

   Best of luck in solving the mystery squeak,  let us know what it turned out to be.

Best,

James
SV Sueno
Maramu #220

On Nov 24, 2019, at 8:52 PM, James Lochhead <j_lochhead@...> wrote:

Thanks James,  I used your easier method last time.  Might try the "fancy" method now as it did not solve the issue.   Then if it continues at least I know it is not that.
--

James
Maramu #147 (1984)