Re: Lithium Ion Battery teardowns

Nick,

There are a number brands of "drop-in" Lithium-Ion batteries with internal BMS on the market. As you can see from the Battle Born teardown, not all of these are created equal.

Regarding the small cylindrical Lithium battery cells, Tesla batteries are made of many small Panasonic Lithium batteries.

Here is a closeup of a Tesla battery with the small Panasonic cells. Those cells are about 20mm in diameter. This screen shot taken from this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWjG3REOF-M
image.png

--
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School

On Tue, Nov 26, 2019 at 1:18 AM ngtnewington Newington via Groups.Io <ngtnewington=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Bill,
Wow that does look interesting.
A drop in replacement and no additional BMS.
What is the catch?
I am not yet in the market as my Lifeline AGM’s are only two years old and they get filled to 100 percent most of the time.
Maybe in 5 years time...
Nick
Amelia
Kilada Greece