Re: Loose screws in portlight stainless trem

Giovanni TESTA

Hi to all,
this is other test : https://www.pbo.co.uk/gear/which-adhesive-sealant-is-best-20877
Any experience which the best to seal windshield ? Sika 295 UV vs 3M 4200FC Marine ?
Many thanks
Giovanni Testa
sv EUTIKIA SM 428

Il 27/11/2019 14:52, Mark McGovern ha scritto:
Duane,

I second Craig's suggestion.  Plus, if it fails in less than 50 years Craig will come and personally fix it for you. ;)

3M 5200 is known as "The Devil's Glue" and should really only be used on things that you never, ever, want to take apart again.  Offhand, I can't think of a single place on my SM that I would use it in place of something that is almost as strong but way more removable like 3M 4200.

Here's a pretty good article on marine adhesives from Practical Sailor:  https://www.practical-sailor.com/issues/36_8/features/Marine-Adhesives-Caulks_5953-1.html

--
Mark McGovern
SM #440 Cara