Re: “Default” anchor arrangement on an Amel 54

Dan Carlson

Hello Soraya,

Just for reference; on BeBe (SM#387), we have the 30kg SS Wasi Bugel that we use as the primary. We have a 30Kg alloy Delta type spade anchor as backup in the bow locker (looks like the anchor Nick shows on the starboard roller in his photo) and then we have a 15Kg Delta type, spade anchor in the stern locker.  We have used this smaller anchor off of the stern several times with very good holding for our purposes and it is reasonable to handle and deploy/retrieve off of the stern of the boat and out of the dinghy.

I think that you need to decide your purpose for it. We like the versatility of the smaller and manageable size. But it's not sufficient as a heavy anchor for a high wind situation.

Fortress is even better for providing strength and holding per weight and stowage size.

I hope you guys are enjoying the French Polynesia.

Best regards, Daniel and Lori Carlson on sv BeBe, SM#387, at Shelter Bay Marina

On Wed, Dec 4, 2019, 9:53 PM Sv Garulfo <svgarulfo@... wrote:
Hello,

Some of you have mentioned fortress, what size do you have/recommend as stern anchor for an A54?
Manufacturer table shows fx-55 based on LOA, but presumably not as secondary anchor.
Thanks for your feedback.

@Nick, could you pls share a picture of the second roller on starboard?

Regards
Soraya