Re: Super Maramu vs. Super Maramu 200our fridge is

Germain Jean-Pierre

Hello Mark,

I concur with some of your thoughts but...
- our fridge is a drawer type , keel cooled from Frigoboat. 185 litres. Great upgrade

- AC is now Webasto BlueCool 27 S. Good kit too
- floor boards are as you have.. never had a problem in even the most sporty conditions
- full size washer in place of wet locker. Tons of browny points here
- galley refurbished in white Corian ... more browny points

Like you, it was not budget. But after full refit, our SM 007 is better than any SM2K and much newer in every point you might consider..unless the owner is as fussy as I.

Kind regards,

Jean-Pierre Germain, SY Eleuthera, SM 007, NZ

On 5/12/2019, at 1:42 PM, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

There isn't a simple answer because some of the features of the SM2k were introduced before the SM2k, and later SM2ks had some additional changes and features.

Several years ago, I spent considerable time and effort in an attempt to answer your question and found it is impossible to answer, especially if you need to be 100% accurate and complete to the level of component install locations. You will find with each attempt to accomplish this, there will be someone, correctly stating, yes, but you didn't list.....

If you are looking to buy a SM, the SM2k will be your best  choice, however, if your budget limits selecting the SM2k, the SM is a good solution. Like Dan said, look at some.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Wed, Dec 4, 2019, 6:14 PM Dan Carlson <carlsdan61@...> wrote:
Honestly Staten, just go look at the boats and decide what is important to you! Other people's opinions will be all over the place based on goals, preferences and budget. The SM is newer, bigger and has more amenities and storage... Both will take you safely around the world.  What are you looking for in a boat?

Best, Daniel Carlson on sv BeBe, SM#387

On Wed, Dec 4, 2019, 6:53 PM Staten via Groups.Io <vls43402=yahoo.com@groups.io wrote:
Thanks.  But that discussion appears to only concern the Mango and a version of the Super Maramu.  Im not finding a discussion of the 2000 model Super Maramu and prior versions.