Onan Genset cutting out on SM 302, Pen Azen

Hi y'all, Our genset has run sweetly for 3,000 plus hours in 9 years but has now started to cut out , for no reason I can establish. Fuel is fine,engine temp ( 78C) is fine( it is designed to cut out at 106C), impeller new, heat exchanger clean, exhaust temp fine ( 49C).

In each case it is the engine restart button that needs resetting and the genset then goes quite happily for about 10-15 hours before cutting out again. It has now done this three times.

The manual suggests only two other causes--- too high a speed and too great a voltage. I can't measure these where I am ( en route to the Bahamas from the Dominican Republic).

If anyone has any suggestions as to what to look at next, that would be much appreciated.

Fair winds, Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302