Re: SM holding tank internal details

Mark McGovern

Mike,

I have what I would call a "European" spec SM so I don't even have a pumpout riser in my holding tank at all.  I just have a hole in the deck with a plug.  I actually had to make a hose with a pumpout fitting on the end of it in order to pump out the holding tank.  I call it my "poop straw".

In the photo album link I sent Bill Rouse has a sketch of his holding tank where he shows the inlet to the holding tank being a straight 38mm bronze pipe that is glassed into the holding tank at the bottom of the tank and extends upwards towards the top of the tank:  https://amelyachtowners.groups.io/g/main/photo/84526/12?p=Created,,,20,2,0,0

This is the setup that I seem to have on Cara.  There are also several pictures of completely corroded outlet pipes in the folder.  One could only surmise that the inlet pipes will suffer the same fate and that it is only a matter of time before we all will be replacing these.

--
Mark McGovern
SM #440 Cara