thanks, very good ideas and descpription.
Something to add. Olivier Beauté (Amel boat expert ond former SAV of Amel) instructed me so, and I do it with good success since over 4 years.
Before starting the manual cleaning procedure I
- empty the bilge with the manual pump
- take 2 tablets of small bags of cleaning substance for the DISH WASHER (makes no foam!!!) in the sink in the pantry, dilute it well in very hot water,
- drain it into the bilge, add a lot of hot water (even if the hot water tank is empty) by separately boiled water mixed with cold wtare to about 70 °C, and drain it until the bilge is completely full (disconntect the contacts for the electrical bilge pump before).
- let it work for at least one, better more hours, it softens and cleans the heavy mug at the sides and bottom an everywhere in the bilge
- pump this cocktail :-) out with the manual bilge pump.
I do this always after a 4-5 week sail, sometimes on half time also.
The complete process (with the Kärcher) runs on my ship only once a year or even less due to this prevention of thick mug layers.
Hope this is an additional idea to the perfect process you have described.
Alexander, SY Oceanica I Amel 54#156